Tagged by Swing-Yo-Tail
1. You must post these rules.
2. Each person has to share 10 things about themselves.
3. Answer the 10 questions asked to you and invent 10 questions the people you tag have answer.
4. Choose 10 people and put them on your journal.
5. Go to their page and inform them they are tagged. (You may want to pick people who read these)
6. Not something like "you are tagged if you read that." << LOLNOPE
7. You have to legitimately tag 10 people. << LOLNOPE
8. No tag-backs.
9. You cannot say you don't do tags. << LOLNOPE
10. You must make a journal entry, NOT a comment.
So, I'm consolidating the questions from multiple instances of this meme onto one journalOnto the questions!
So, I'm consolidating the questions from multiple instances of this meme onto one journal…
First up, Swing-Yo-Tail
What is the corniest, cheesiest, most terrible joke you know?
There are two fish in a tank. One fish turns to the other and asks, "so, how do you drive this thing?"
How do we know that the author of the Iliad & the Odyssey was a lesbian?
Because rosy fingered dawn.2.
Gurl how's yo day been?
Are you a fan of memes?
Yes. Actually, working on a thing for the Robot Squid blog on that very topic 4.
What are your thoughts on gay marriage?
It's such a fucking no-brainer. I'm glad that more and more countries around the world are accepting it … and a little saddened that Scotland didn't get it before England. It was proposed by the Scottish government before Westminster did, and in the end, we passed it by a much bigger majority; but, presumably as a result of the long shadow of the Kirk, we spent absolutely fucking ages going through a bajillion stages of public consultation.5.
Do you use emoticons? c:
What's your favourite animal?
Which do you play, ROBLOX, Minecraft, Or both?
Neither. I think my little palæo-MacBook would catch a cold and die if I tried.8.
Do you like to roleplay? :3
I do. A little on here (mostly StefanPWinc
& I coming up with scenarios for our OCs), and enjoy I RPGs (D&D, Vampire, etc), though I haven't played for quite a while.9.
What is your favourite gem/jewel?BPM 3709310.
Last question! What inspired you to make a deviant account and do whatever things you do? c:
I made the account years before I ever started for reals using it, more or less for reasons of social media completism (I have an unused Diaspora* account too!), but then started using it for art & stuff related to Morta Felix, the kids scifi novel I'm working on.
Secondly, from BleachedShark
1. What subjects are you interested in?
It would probably be quicker to ask which aren't
I interested in. I'm something of an academic omnivore (or om-nom-nom-nomnivore…). This past year, I've been teaching Computer Science and Cognitive Science, and last time I lived in Edinburgh, I also taught some Linguistics. I've been trying to get a tutorial or two off of the Philosophy department, but they only give those to their own PhD students, they said. Those are the main ones I've done research in. Since I've been starting going to writer's groups, I've been rekindling my interest in English Lit, too - which is what my first degree was in! I'm also really really interested in Biology and Physics. Also, I think I need to go back and study a load of Calculus…
Art is pretty neat too!
2. Do you play video games? If so, what are your favorites?
I'm not much of a gamer. There are a few games that I'd be interested in playing - Portal and The Last of Us particularly - but I'd need to get a Playstation (and a TV!), and i have a couple of things that I have to prioritise ahead of that - like a replacement for this creakingly ancient laptop!
3. If you have OCs or FCs, who is your favorite out of all of them?
OCs, but no FCs. Morta is defs. my favourite!
4. What is your dream job/career?
As far as days jobs to do while I work on the novel go, teaching undergraduates absolutely is a dream job! I love it! It's a job that matters
. If I do it well, the result for at least some of my students is that their lives go better. I think I always want to keep my hand in with the teaching - though if the writing starts making me a living, I would want to cut back my teaching hours. Once the novel is out the door, I'd like to finish my PhD and go back to academic research - in computational approaches developmental & historical linguistics. I'll still write, though. I get burnt out on that, I'll go right back to undergrad and start again in Physics. I have some questions about time, space, and entropy that I want to get sorted out!
5. What is your favorite genre of TV shows and movies?
Not sure I have a favourite. Scifi, maybe? But actually, cinematic scifi seems to be far more prone than literature to the worst anti-enlightenment clichés. I don't watch much TV - other than pirated Game of Thrones & Adventure Time.
6. What is your favorite color?
Purple. No - red - Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
7. What is your opinion on censorship?
Free speech is a fundamental human right, and a basic safeguard of liberty. However, it's impossible to be an absolutist or maximalist about this, in part because there is a continuum between speech, 'expression', and action in general, and also because the defence of the right to free speech is not best served by allowing the powerful and privileged to use their speech to drown out the voices of others.
8. Which is easier to draw in your opinion: males or females?
Can't say I find one harder than the other.
9. What are your pet peeves?
Scientific misconceptions perpetuated by lazy scriptwriting. I am a total pain to watch TV with.
10. Which do you prefer: day or night?
I think, if I didn't have any responsibilities, I'd end up nocturnal.My questions. >;3
Now for the facts! .3.
- Do you have OC's? If so, which is your favourite?
- If you absolutely had to chose, and 'none of them' was not an option, which would you rather have dropped from a great height on your head; an anvil, a piano, or an elephant? (assume that it's an evil elephant, and therefore you shouldn't feel bad about dropping it from a great height)
- Do you think the LHC is likely to find the supersymmetric partners of the known particles?
- Do you believe in qualia?
- Which is your favourite lepton?
- If you could back up your mind to a big hard drive, in order to be restored to a new body in the event of your death, would you?
- If you were given the chance to travel to space for free, would you?
- If you were offered unlimited funds to travel the world, but with the condition that you could never have a permanent home again, would you take it?
- Which of the following would win in an all-against-all battle to the death: Tiktaalik roseae, Ambulocetus natans, Archaeopteryx lithographica, or Australopithecus afarensis?
- Do you think Scotland should be independent?
Tagged peeps! .3.
- Swing-Yo-Tail is my totally awesome daughter
- I have spent about 13 years of my life in higher education
- I love teaching
- I have a science fiction podcast!
- I have never learnt to drive.
- I regard access to a university library as being basically essential to life
- Also, caffeine. Tea, coffee, energy drinks - it's all good
- I'm quite a good cook. I do a fiendish spicy dumpling soup!
- I have a eternal podqueue, consisting of podcasts, audiobooks and lectures, which I listen to more or less whenever my Wernicke's area isn't needed for anything else - mostly on science, philosophy and technology.
- I've taken something of a meandering path through academia. I know Latin, Old Icelandic, and Java. (Bit rusty on the first two, though…)
I tag all my watchers, except for the ones who don't want to do it